Seneca's Dozen Stoic Strategies for Daily Living
The basics of happiness
1. Don't follow the crowd.
2. You don't have to go far to find happiness.
The path to happiness
3. Understand that what is good comes from your mind and not from outside.
4. Deal with what is in front of you.
5. Be single-minded in pursuing virtue.
How to handle pleasures
6. Use pleasure, but don't indulge in it.
How to pursue virtue
7. Pursue virtue, even if you are criticized for it.
8. Live by these rules.
How to enjoy money
9. Admit money into your home, not into your heart.
10. Money doesn't make you important, poverty doesn't demean you.
How to understand yourself
11. Don't criticize others, but understand yourself.
12. Prepare yourself for misfortunes.